? Palace of Research – Definition and Explanations


Paris School of Fine Arts – Palace of Studies – Exterior

Paris School of Fine Arts – Palace of Studies – Glass Courtyard

School of Fine Arts Paris (Paris is a French city, the capital of France and the capital of the region…) – Research Palace – Glass courtyard

Paris School of Art – Palace of Studies – 1st Galleryer floor – Decoration vaulted (A vault (or vault) is an architectural element of the interior covering of a house…) (retail)

Paris School of Fine Arts – Palace of Studies – Honorary Amphitheater

the Research Palace It is part of the School of Fine Arts in Paris. After Louis XVIII returned to Paris, it was decided to close the Museum of French MonumentsAlexander Lenoir (Marie Alexandre Lenoir, born in Paris on December 27, 1761, died in Paris on June 11, 1839, a…) who occupied monastery (A monastery is a religious institution, usually Christian, where…) Petits Augustins. The buildings were assigned to the School of Arts by royal decree dated September 18, 1816. closure (The term closure refers to:) of the Museum of French Monuments. He is there temporarily.

Construction of the Research Palace

start construction by Francois Debret (Francois Debre, born in Paris in 1777, died in Saint-Cloud in 1850, architect…)

In 1819, the school administration obtained the appointment of François Debret architect (An architect is a construction professional whose function is to design and direct…) from school. one project (A project is an irreversible commitment of uncertain outcome, it cannot be repeated…) Debret developed in accordance with the program drawn up by art teachers, strictly speaking, sculpture (The sculpture has been around since the Paleolithic period (about 25,000 years ago) and the small figurine…) and D’architecture (Architecture can be defined as the art of constructing buildings.) is accepted.

Part of May 3, 1820 foundations (The foundations of a structure provide the transmission and distribution of loads (dead weight, etc.) has been carried out height (Height has several meanings depending on the subject area.) the first stone of the new building (Loges building) was laid by Joseph Jerome Comte Simeon (1749-1842), Minister of the Interior. He built the lodge building to the left of the Palais des Études between 1820 and 1829.

François Debre was appointed architect of the Saint-Denis basilica in 1832.

Construction of the palace Felix Duban (Jacques Felix Duban was born in Paris on October 14, 1798 and died in Bordeaux on October 8, 1870…)

New organization (It is an organization) the administration of civil buildings no longer allows the same architect to carry out the work of two public monuments. Also, the completion of the works was given to the architect Felix Duban, who was Debret’s student on July 31, 1832 and married his sister Rosalie Duban in 1808. He was previously his deputy.

As the name above the door suggests, Research Museum, the building is designed to showcase architectural examples, replica antiques, and award-winning student artwork. The original building of Duba was an open courtyard.

the Scenic Store In April 1838 he wrote: “We have already talked about the new monument planned for the Royal School of Art. He had just begun in 1834; is about to be completed today. Thus, four years will be enough to build this elegant building, which can be included among the most remarkable architectural examples of our time and which so brilliantly established the reputation of M. Duban, whose talent he deserved. commissioned…. On the first floor of the Grand Palace, plaster casts of Greek and Roman monuments from different periods will be displayed and the models will be classified in chronological order. relief (Terrain is the difference in height between two points. However, the word is often used…) of the main monuments of all periods country (Country comes from the Latin pagus, which designates a territorial and tribal division…). A room half spade (A semicircle is a construction in the form of a semicircle.) placed on the axis of the building, on its periphery will be decorated with a huge composition entrusted to the talent of Mr. Paul Delaroc. On the first floor, there are spacious rooms designed for the School’s annual exhibitions and professors’ meetings. The attic floor will receive a library of art books“.

It was completed in 1839. The architect was inspired by Renaissance architecture italian (Italian is the name used for the rope used to maneuver the furrier…)especially the Chancellor’s Palace in Rome.

Starting from the entrance of the school, on the axis of the palace, at the back, Duban placed an honorary amphitheater used for official ceremonies and the presentation of the Great. the price of the novel (The Prix de Rome is a scholarship for art students.). Half Spade is famous for the painting that covers the whole by Paul Delaroche the wall (A wall is a solid structure that separates or limits two spaces.) circular: Crowns distributing glory It was completed in 1841. This painting brings together imaginary portraits of the most famous painters, sculptors and architects of European schools since ancient times. Albert Lenoir described its splendor during the reign of Napoleon III in Paris: “there the most famous artists of all ages are represented with the most original portraits and costumes of the various nations to which they belong; generally seated on benches or exedra covered with simple and noble architecture, they form an areopagus, taking part in the distribution of the crowns reserved for the young laureates of the School. In the center, Phidias, Ictinus and Apelles preside over this meeting of notables: at their feet, four standing figures leaning on balustrades allegorically represent Greek Art, Roman Art, then Medieval and Renaissance; below, the genius of Art takes the crowns and throws them into the amphitheater to the happy winners …”

The galleries on the first floor were decorated between 1835 and 1840 by the brothers Paul and Raymond Balze with copies of Raphael’s paintings for the Vatican Lodges in 1519.Academy (Academy is a recognized assembly of men of letters, scientists and/or artists…) From France to Rome. 52 copies were exhibited at the exhibition since 1840 chapel (A church is a Christian place of worship that can form a building depending on the situation…) from school. Desiring a “monumental place” for these copies, Ingres proposed that Duban install them in the upper galleries of the Palais des Études. Duban adapts these copies to smaller galleries than the original Lodges. He took the opportunity to compose a personal decoration in more muted tones than Raphael’s. Since the school did not receive the necessary funds after ten years, the setting of the decor was carried out between 1854 and 1855 by the decorative artists Charles Chauvin and Camille-Auguste Gastine.

In 1861, the teachers decided to build a library entrusted to Ernest Venet. We did not choose to build it in the attic on the second floor as originally planned. Felix Duban converted the presentation room of architectural models on the first floor of the eastern wing into a reading room between 1862 and 1863.

Construction of the Glass Court

In 1863, Duban covered the yard with a metal frame and glass roof made by locksmith Travers. Inspired by the discoveries made in Pompeii, slender hollow columns are placed on the front of the facade, which serve as jambs. The floor covering is a porcelain stone tile invented by the contractor Daget. On August 2, 1867, Felix Duban informed the minister that the building was completed. At the request of the minister, on April 30, 1870, he presented a program for the presentation of sculptural casts in the courtyard of the Palais des Etudes, as well as a proposal for the polychromy of the facade of the courtyard.

The dead (Death is the final state of a biological organism that ceases to live (even…) During the Paris Commune, the city of Duban in Bordeaux prevented him from completing his program. It was his successor, Ernest-Georges Coquart, who carried out the work, mounting the cast collection of antiques on a larger scale and restoring the decoration of the courtyard by covering its facade with Italian-inspired polychrome decoration.

Museum of Antiquities

Glass courtyard with students painting from antique masterpieces in 1888

The Museum of Antiquities was opened in 1874. Then 80-100 fragments of all kinds were placed in the Shirley Court: Parthenon columns, columns of Jupiter Stator, Venetian horses, … Later, statues were installed in all the arches. . Behind the statues is a decoration of dark tones copying Raphael’s Stanzas in the Vatican.

The Palais ds Etudes was to be an illustration of the program for Duban didactic (Didactics studies the questions raised by teaching and learning.) It synthesizes the French and Italian Renaissance, tradition and modernity XIXe century

This collection of copies was mainly transferred to the magazine Petites Écuries du Castle of Versailles (The Palace of Versailles was the residence of the French kings Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis…) In 1971. [1]

Restoration of the glazed courtyard

Restoration of the glass courtyard from March 2007 to the end of 2008 under the direction of Benjamin, Chief Architect of Historical Monuments Sheep (Sheep (Ovis aries) is a herbivorous domestic mammal from the Bovidae family,…)for budget (Budget is a temporary accounting document that differentiates income and expenses.) 5.2 million euros.

Metal decorations of the frieze and consoles zinc (Zinc (pronounced /zɛ̃k/ or /zɛ̃ɡ/) is an element…) cleaned by micro erosion to push back from the monumental cover Metal (A metal is a chemical element that can lose electrons…) strip it bare and all tracks (TRACES (Trade Control and Expert System) is a veterinary health network…) paint or oxidation. After recovery,together (In set theory, a set intuitively defines a collection…) decorative parts are treated with anti-corrosion epoxy paint and polychromy decorative paint batch. The trim was put into place by nailing to the existing wood and assembling the elements in the same way as the original fastening system using zinc brackets.

The yard has returned to its original warm colors, red and arrow colored walls light (Light is a collection of visible electromagnetic waves…) A generous canopy that completely covers this 800m space2.

Minister Culture (Culture is a pangalactic civilization invented by Iain M. Banks through his…) It opened on May 13, 2009. About sixty molds in small sheds Castle (The castle was originally intended for the Middle Ages…) Versailles will return to its original location in the courtyard.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *