The best stuffed squid recipes for a romantic and special dinner!
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and it’s the perfect time to plan a menu for a romantic dinner! Therefore, our editorial team has selected the top 3 best stuffed squid recipes. This is yours!
Top 3 best stuffed squid recipes
If you want to surprise and amaze your partner’s taste buds on D-Day, try one of the recipes below, you won’t regret it, that’s for sure!
This is the perfect time to plan a menu for a romantic dinner
Recipe for Squid Stuffed with Baby Spinach from Archzine Studio
If you are a fan of Mediterranean cuisine, you must try this quick and very easy stuffed calamari recipe.
- 30 g of butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 g of fresh baby spinach
- 100 g of cooked basmati rice
- 40 g of golden grapes
- 30 g of chopped pistachios
- smoked paprika to taste
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of lemon peel
- 100 g grated parmesan
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
- 4 fresh squid
Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat
Add onion and sauté
Add baby spinach
cooked basmati rice
Black pepper, dry oregano and lemon zest and mix everything
Add the grated parmesan
And fresh parsley
Mix well again and remove from heat.
Fill with fresh squid
Close the tube with a wooden skewer
Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side
Serve and enjoy
Sicilian squid recipe
This recipe is easy to make and absolutely delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus a little more for drizzling
- ½ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 140 g of chard
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted if possible
- 3 tablespoons of golden grapes
- 7 g pecorino romano or parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 30 g of fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 squid, cleaned, peeled
- fresh parsley to serve
- lemon juice to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan.
- Cut the onion and garlic into small cubes. Remove the stems from the chard, cut off the ends, and then slice the stalks.
- Add the onion to the pan, cook for a minute, then add the garlic and fennel sprigs. Cook for 3-5 minutes until cooked through but not brown.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the chard leaves and slice the anchovy fillets. Drain, wash and chop the capers. Once the onions are soft, add the chard leaves to the pan, stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes. Add anchovies, capers and fennel seeds and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the pine nuts, golden raisins, cheese and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Fill each calamari relatively full, but be careful not to overfill – leave about 1cm of space.
- Place the stuffed squid on a greased baking sheet. Arrange the tentacles on all sides and cover with the remaining filling. Season with some salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until the squid is firm and translucent. Serve topped with some chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
Sicilian squid recipe
Stuffed Squid Recipes: Spanish Calamari Recipe
This Spanish-inspired stuffed squid will wow your guests this season.
- 4 squid cleaned and cut
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 chorizo, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup white rice
- 250 ml of chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch crushed black peppercorns
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- lemon juice
- Clean the squid, cut the tentacles and set aside.
- Fry the onion and chorizo on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, chopped tentacles, black pepper and paprika and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, remove from the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and rice, cover.
- Add the chicken stock and tomatoes, then cook until the rice is almost cooked.
- Add the frozen peas and chopped parsley and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Fill the squid tubes with the mixture and fry them in the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cut into slices and serve with olive oil, lemon juice and parsley.
Spanish-inspired stuffed squid