Bbox Ultym costs 1 euro but remains competitive.
Bbox Ultym: state-of-the-art equipment
The elegant case is black, design and vertical. This is the Bbox Ultym, a luxury modem offered with Bouygues Telecom’s Premium subscription:
- Performance of fiber version with low connection speed Up to 2 Gbpsand download speeds of up to 900 Mb/s: this is huge, if not a market record, and even in high definition it is enough to watch the latest Netflix series without errors or slowdowns.
- The power of the latest generation Wi-Fi 6E: the end home wireless connection, 3 frequency bands and smart Wi-Fi to alternate between them and always choose the best bandwidth. Advantage is to be able to connect multiple devices simultaneously without losing the flow.
- Premium service with “Free Wi-Fi diagnostics”, just to know where best to place the box to spread the signal and if you need a repeater or two. In 2022, the Bouygues Telecom operator was also selected The best Wi-Fi operator according to nPerfBarometer of Internet connections.
- Internet service is guaranteed 50GB 4G mini box on demand.
Range of services
Since we are in the category of high-end Internet subscriptions, there are no surprises telephony: unlimited To landlines and mobiles in France, Europe and Switzerland, as well as landlines to more than 110 destinations. Something to wish your friends around the world a Chinese New Year!
Included in the TV offer 4K HDR TV Box decoder. It is compatible with smart TV, ideal for enjoying an “immersive cinema experience” from the living room sofa: image quality and precision, exceptional slow motion, brightness and sound… In addition, it already contains the most popular programs. , and connects via Wi-Fi: just a little wire to hang around the living room!
100 hours of recording will probably be enough to record the favorite programs of the whole family, choosing from a bouquet of 180 general or thematic channels. Moreover, with the B.tv app, these same channels can also be accessed from a PC, tablet or smartphone. The icing on the cake: Bouygues Telecom Offers a 6-month subscription to Disney+ and SALTO to any new subscriber.
The inevitable rise: what consequences?
The entire Telecom sector has been affected by generalized inflation for several months. Like its colleagues and competitors, Bouygues Telecom could not turn a blind eye to price increases, even minimal ones. But always worried about the hypercompetitive position in the market, this increase is 1 euro symbolic, and a priori does not question the operator’s reputation for better value for money. Instead, let’s compare:
The first year Bbox Ultym is now shown here €30.99 per month. Rounding to the nearest penny, we find in front of it:
- Freebox Delta is about 40 euros : big price difference, but 4 times more shared speed, an unmatched package of 270 channels, more free TV content in the first year… With a large or mixed family, or at least in a year, the price pays for itself quickly, all with multiple screens houses. If we add the free Series 5G package at half price…
- with almost the same hardware and performance, Orange Livebox Max is around 35 eurosParamount+, a new streaming platform that launched in December, bundles only 140 channels and offers 6 months free
- Subscription SFR Premiumwith the new SFR Box 8 and even a connected speaker 32€ whole stack. Netflix, Disney+ and all family bundle channels free for 6 months: this is the most generous discovery offer. But this is the only Premium package where the repeater has to be rented for 3 euros per month. Damage!
In conclusion, we confirm that despite this extra euro, Bbox Ultym remains the cheapest premium subscription on the market and its position in the top square changes little.