L’Kylemore Abbey (English Kylemore AbbeyIn Gaelic Mainistir with Coille Móire) is a Benedictine abbey built in its place in 1920 the castle (The castle was originally intended for the Middle Ages…) Kylemore, County Galway, tenthe west (West is the cardinal point, opposite east. This direction…) Ireland. With him the church (Could be a church 🙂 neo-gothic and its Victorian gardens, is one of the main tourist attractions in the Connemara region.
L’Kylemore Abbey (Kylemore Abbey (English Kylemore Abbey, Gaelic Mainistir na Coille Móire)…) located in the area called Kylemore Passon the edge Lake (In limnology, a lake is a large body of water located on a continent…) Further east is Pollacpull Lough, connected to Kylemore Lough. The buildings are located at the foot of Mount Duchruach and on the mountain south (South is the cardinal point against north.) from lakes Twelve Bens and park (The park is an enclosed natural land, formed from forests or meadows, in which…) Connemara National.
Historic buildings include the castle itself, its neo-Gothic church and Victorian gardens. our days (A day or day is the interval between sunrise and sunset; it…), a restaurant and a souvenir shop were added. The whole area is surrounded by trees, the Gaelic name of Kylemore meaning “great forest”. Part of the buildings as well as the gardens are open to the public.
A community of Benedictine nuns living nowabbey (Abbey (from Latin abbatia) is a Catholic monastery or monastery…) traces its origins to 1598 when Lady Mary Percy founded a community of Irish nuns in Brussels.
In 1665 the sisters settled in Ypres Abbey in Flanders. In 1688 he was recalled to Dublin by King James IIEngland (England is one of the four constituent parts of the United Kingdom…), they returned to Ypres in 1690 after their defeat. They stayed there until 1914, when Ypres was bombed by the German army at the start of World War I. Finally, in 1920, they found refuge in Kylemore, purchasing Kylemore Castle, which became Kylemore Abbey.
History of the castle
Kylemore Castle (Kylemore Castle) built by Mitchell Henry, an English surgeon, was born in Manchester to Irish parents. This thought would have occurred to him in his time travel (A trip is a journey made for a personal purpose to a more or less distant point…) Weddings in Connemara, where he and his wife Margaret particularly enjoyed Kylemore.
In September 1862, Mitchell Henry purchased Kylemore Lodge, a hunting lodge on the edge of Pollacapull Lough, along with the surrounding land and hunting and fishing rights there.
Then he undertook to build a castle instead of a hunting-meet; Plans, however, were pulled byarchitect (An architect is a construction professional whose function is to design and direct…) Samuel Ussher Roberts kept the original building intact at the heart of the new building. The foundation stone of the fort was laid on 4 September 1867 and it took four years to build and cost just over £29,000. The workers involved in the construction of the castle were almost all Irish; In addition to the castle, Mitchell Henry also built buildings to improve living conditions. life (Life is a given name 🙂 Residents of the region, such as a post office not far from the castle, a pump (A pump is a device for drawing fluid in and out.) into village (A village is a collection of settlements in a village or mountain,…) A neighbor to Letterfrack and a school Lettergesh It was designed for farmers’ children and was built in 1868.
From the moment the castle was built, it was equipped with the most modern equipment of the time: it was therewater (Water is a ubiquitous chemical compound on Earth, essential for everyone…) works on all floors from lighting gas (A gas is a collection of very loosely bound atoms or molecules and…), elevators and fire hydrants; a fire station was even built, housing a volunteer fire brigade headed by Alexander Henry, one of Mitchell Henry’s sons. In 1893 A turbine (A turbine is a rotating device designed to use the force of a fluid (water, steam, air, etc.).) hydroelectricity is installed on it tea (In hydrography, a river is a stream of water flowing under the influence of …) To provide the castle with, high flowed Lough Touther electricity (It is a physical phenomenon due to different electric charges of electric current…) instead of gas.
The neo-Gothic building is surrounded by a Victorian garden created in 1867 by Mitchell Henry and gardener James Garnier. This garden consists of a flower garden, a vegetable garden and several greenhouses. It was restored by the nuns who have lived in the building since 1996 and are still involved in its maintenance.
Interior of a neo-gothic church
There is also a neo-gothic church built between 1877 and 1881 memory (Generally speaking, memory is the storage of information. It is also remembering…) of dead (Death is the final state of a biological organism that ceases to live (even…) of Margaret Henry and oyadan a the cathedral (The cathedral is originally a Christian church, where…) miniature. Mitchell and Margaret Henry are both buried mausoleum (The mausoleum is a large burial monument. It owes its name to the satrap…) it is located behind the church. It was restored in the 1990s.