- The lists of nominees for the best player, player, goalkeeper, goalkeeper, fans, men’s and women’s football coaches and the best goal nominations have been announced.
- The public voting procedure for FIFA+ continues until February 3, 2023.
- Two panels of experts selected the nominated players, goalkeepers and coaches.
FIFA has announced the final nominees for The Best – FIFA Football Awards™ 2022.
Alphabetical list of nominees:
Best – FIFA player:
- Aitana Bonmati (Spain – FC Barcelona)
- Debinha (Brazil – North Carolina Courage)
- Jessie Fleming (Canada – Chelsea FC Women)
- Ada Hegerberg (Norway – Olympique Lyon)
- Sam Kerr (Australia – Chelsea FC Women)
- Beth Mead (England – Arsenal WFC)
- Vivianne Miedema (Netherlands – Arsenal WFC)
- Alex Morgan (USA – Orlando Pride and San Diego Wave)
- Lena Oberdorf (Germany – VfL Wolfsburg)
- Alexandra Popp (Germany – VfL Wolfsburg)
- Alexia Putellas (Spain – FC Barcelona)
- Wendy Renard (France – Olympique Lyonnais)
- Keira Walsh (England – Manchester City WFC and FC Barcelona)
- Leah Williamson (England – Arsenal WFC)
Best – FIFA player:
- Julian Alvarez (Argentina – Club Atletico River Plate and Manchester City FC)
- Jude Bellingham (England – BV Borussia 09 Dortmund)
- Karim Benzema (France – Real Madrid CF)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium – Manchester City)
- Erling Haaland (Norway – BV Borussia 09 Dortmund and Manchester City FC)
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco – Paris Saint-Germain FC)
- Robert Lewandowski (Poland – Bayern Munich and FC Barcelona)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal – Liverpool FC and FC Bayern Munich)
- Kylian Mbappe (France – Paris Saint-Germain FC)
- Lionel Messi (Argentina – Paris Saint-Germain FC)
- Luka Modric (Croatia – Real Madrid)
- Neymar (Brazil – Paris Saint-Germain FC)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt – Liverpool FC)
- Vinicius Junior (Brazil – Real Madrid)
Best – FIFA Women’s Soccer Coach:
- Sonia Bompastor (France – Olympique Lyonnais)
- Emma Hayes (England – Chelsea FC Women)
- Bev Priestman (England – Canada)
- Pia Sundhage (Sweden – Brazil)
- Martina Voss-Tecklenburg (Germany – German national team)
- Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands – England and Netherlands)
Best – FIFA Men’s Soccer Coach:
- Carlo Ancelotti (Italy – Real Madrid CF)
- Didier Deschamps (France – French national team)
- Pep Guardiola (Spain – Manchester City)
- Walid Regragui (Morocco – Wydad AC and Moroccan national team)
- Lionel Scaloni (Argentina – Argentina national team)
Best – FIFA Goalkeeper:
- Ann-Katrin Berger (Germany – Chelsea FC Women)
- Mary Earps (England – Manchester United WFC)
- Christian Endler (Chile – Olympique Lyon)
- Merle Frohms (Germany – Eintracht Frankfurt and VfL Wolfsburg)
- Alyssa Naeher (USA – Chicago Red Stars)
- Sandra Paños García-Villamil (Spain – FC Barcelona)
Best – FIFA Goalkeeper:
- Alisson Becker (Brazil – Liverpool FC)
- Yassine Bounou (Morocco – Sevilla FC)
- Thibaut Courtois (Belgium – Real Madrid)
- Ederson (Brazil – Manchester City)
- Emiliano Martinez (Argentina – Aston Villa)
FIFA Puskas Award:
- Mario Balotelli (Italy): Adana Demirspor – Goztepe Sports Club [Süper Lig] (May 22, 2022)
- Amanda Henry (France): FC Barcelona – Olympique Lyonnais [Ligue des Champions féminine de l’UEFA] (May 21, 2022)
- Theo Hernandez (France): AC Milan – Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio [Serie A] (May 15, 2022)
- Alou Cool (Australia): Iraq U-23 v Australia U-23 [Coupe d’Asie U-23 de l’AFC] (June 4, 2022)
- Kylian Mbappe (France): Argentina – France [Coupe du Monde de la FIFA, Qatar 2022™] (December 18, 2022)
- Francisco Gonzalez Metilli (Argentina): Club Atlético Central Cordoba – Club Atlético Rosario Central [Primera División] (1er August 2022)
- Marcin Oleksy (Poland): Warta Poznan – Stal Rzeszów [PZU Amp Futbol Ekstraklasa] (November 6, 2022)
- Salma Paralluelo (Spain): FC Barcelona – Villarreal CF [Liga F] (April 2, 2022)
- Dimitri Payet (France): Olympique de Marseille – PAOK Thessaloniki FC [Ligue Europa Conférence de l’UEFA] (April 7, 2022)
- Richarlison (Brazil): Brazil – Serbia [Coupe du Monde de la FIFA, Qatar 2022™] (November 24, 2022)
- Alessia Russo (England): England – Sweden [EURO féminin de l’UEFA 2022] (July 26, 2022)
Best – FIFA Supporters Awards
- Abdullah Al Salmi (Saudi Arabia): Crossing the Saudi Arabian desert, Abdullah walked from his hometown of Jeddah to Qatar to support his team at the FIFA World Cup.
- Argentine fans (Argentina): Argentine fans flocked to Qatar to support their team and celebrate their FIFA World Cup™ crown, with millions cheering on their heroes in Buenos Aires and across the country.
- Japanese fans: Japanese fans are respected around the world for their tradition of staying in the stadium after World Cup matches to help clean the stands.
Two expert panels – for one women’s football and for the other men’s soccer – the reserved names for each category were decided.
It’s up to you to vote!
Football fans will have until 23:59 (CET) on 3 February 2023 to vote. Fifa+.
In early February 2023, FIFA will announce the three finalists in each of the seven categories.