2023 Golden Globes recap
Who were the big winners at the 2022 Best TV Show or Best Movie Golden Globes?
Last night, the eyes of the small and big screen world were fixed on the 2023 edition of the Golden Globes. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which went off the air last year after accusations of sexism, racism and corruption, returned on January 10.
As always, the best series and films of the past year were awarded at the event. Many productions won statuettes. No wonder it is Everything Everywhere At Once distinguished in many categories. Directed by: Daniel Scheinert and Daniel Kwan (Swiss army man), the science fiction film is one of the most ambitious films of recent years. Although it did not receive the top prize, it offered the two leading actors the opportunity to receive a shower of honor.
Ke Huy Quan won Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Waymond Wang. This is a turning point in the career of the man we discover Goonies and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Michelle Yeoh, on the other hand, is more used to the ceremonies of this genre. She has already been nominated for a Bafta in the Best Actress category Tiger and Dragon. She won the award for best actress in a comedy this Tuesday, January 10, 2023. The best actor name was given to Colin Farrell Banshees of Inisher.
Movie of the year Fablesman, directed by Steven Spielberg. The autobiographical film also offers its director the title of best director of the year. Much to the displeasure of James Cameron, who left empty-handed Avatar: The Waterway. If the film is a hit in the cinemas, it is surprisingly not depicted in the most prestigious categories.
Netflix also offers a nice figurine Pinocchio by Guillermo del Toro. He puts himself in front of him Red alert From Pixar or Puss in Boots: The Last Wish from Dreamworks in the animated category.
Note that the license Black Panther also won the award. Angela Bassett presents the first prize for the second part of the saga. She is awarded for her performance as Queen Ramonda. In 2019, the first part was left empty-handed despite nominations for original score and best song. Nevertheless, he won at the Oscars a few weeks later.
Dragon House or Rings of Power?
This summer, Prime Video and HBO battled it out to determine which series could win the title of production of the year. Backed by huge budgets, the entertainment giants tackled two major fantasy works on paper.
Both have been massively followed around the world. Critics raved about them, although the public expressed some reluctance. This Golden Globe ceremony presents a win for HBO.
prequel to Game of Thrones wins the title of drama series of the year Better yet, call Saul and Taj especially. Moreover, “The Rings of Power” is not one of the candidates this year. On the limited series side, it’s HBO that’s still imposing itself White Lotus: Sicily, the second season of this new genre anthology. As always, the American channel dominates the rating of the evening.
This allows Zendaya, for example, to again walk away with the title of best actress in a drama series. On the other hand, it’s a Hulu series that stands out in the Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical Series category. Jeremy Allen White’s performance was rewarded last night. It was also in the race to win the statuette of the best series of the year with Hulu Crimes on the Building Only and Bear. WednesdayThe Netflix hit, which will have a second season, was also in the running hacks.
The Golden Globes opened the season of American ceremonies. On March 12, it will be the turn of the Oscars to reward the best of the big screen. In France, the Caesar ceremony will be held on February 24. Bafta, which awards British cinema, will be held on February 19 in London.
Here is the list of 2023 Golden Globes winners
- Best Actor in a Limited Series: Evan Peters Monster: Dahmer
- Best Actress in a Limited Series: Amanda Seyfried Dropout
- Best Supporting Actor in a Limited Series: Paul Walter Hauser black bird
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series: For Jennifer Coolidge White Lotus
- Best Actor in a Series (Musical or Comedy): Jeremy Allen White Bear
- Best Series (Musical or Comedy): Abbott Elementary
- Best Actress in a Drama Series: For Zendaya Euphoria
- Best Actor in a Drama Series: Kevin Costner Yellowstone
- Best Actress in a Comedy: Quinta Brunson Abbott Elementary
- Best Supporting Actor in a Series: Julia Garner Ozark
- Best Supporting Actor in a Series: Tyler James Williams Abbott Elementary
- Best Limited Series (Comedy or Musical): White Lotus: Sicily
- Best Drama Series: Dragon House
In the cinema:
- Best Cartoon: Pinocchio by Guillermo del Toro
- Best Original Score: For Justin Hurwitz babylon
- Best Original Song: “Naatu Naatu” from the film RRR
- Best Non-English Film: Argentina, 1985
- Best case scenario: Banshees of Inisher
- Best Supporting Actor: For Ke Huy Quan Everything Everywhere At Once
- Best Supporting Actor: Angela Bassett Black Panther: Always Wakanda
- Best Actor in a Comedy: Colin Farrell Banshees of Inisher
- Best Actress in a Comedy: Michelle Yeoh Everything Everywhere At Once
- Best Actress in a Drama: Cate Blanchett ART
- Best Actress in a Drama: Austin Boulter Elvis
- Best Director: Steven Spielberg Fablesmen
- Best Comedy: Banshees of Inisher
- Best Drama: Fablemen