Since winter does not provide us with many seasonal products like other seasons, we can always enjoy apples. This delicious fruit is the basis of many desserts, including healthy apple pie! Discover our selection of the best healthy apple recipes without delay.
Archzine Studio Healthy Apple Pie Bombs Recipe
Here’s our sweet and healthy idea to warm up your winter days: a recipe for apple pie bombs!
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons of starch
- 70 g of soft butter
- 150 g of sugar cane
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- whole wheat butter thick dough
- 20 ml of melted butter
- 50 g of sugar cane
- homemade caramel
Place the apples in a saucepan over medium heat
And mix to homogenize
Stir in the cane sugar
…to desired thickness
Spread the mixture over the dough, leaving about half
Repeat with the rest of the dough and make pie bombs
Transfer the pie crusts to a baking tray and brush with melted butter
Sprinkle with candy cane
And bake in the oven at 180°C for 40-45 minutes
And decorate with homemade caramel
Healthy apple dessert
It has all the flavors of an apple pie, in a rustic and easy-to-make form.
For the dough:
- 1¼ cups flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¾ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3 small apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin spice, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and Greek yogurt until smooth. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a ball of dough forms. Stack aside.
- Combine the diced apples with the flour, sugar and pumpkin spice in another bowl and cover.
- Starting about 1.5 cm from the edge, start placing your apples in a circle. Continue the pattern until you reach the center, covering the entire dough (except for the remaining 2 cm around the edges). Then carefully pinch the excess dough around the edges to seal the edges of the galette.
- Spread the tops of the apples evenly with butter.
- Beat the extra egg and brush onto the pancake crust. You can also sprinkle some fine sugar on top if you like.
- Bake the pancakes for 30-35 minutes until golden. Cool for 5 minutes, cut into 8 slices and serve hot.
A healthy and easy apple dessert
Vegan apple pie
A healthy vegan apple pie recipe is pretty easy to make. This apple pie filling is naturally dairy-free, free of added sugar and gluten-free!
- 2 servings flaky vegan pie crust or gluten-free vegan pie crust
- 7 to 9 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into very thin slices
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of carrot powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter or coconut oil, chilled
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free cream (such as coconut cream or soy milk)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of raw sugar
- First prepare the pie crust. Divide the dough into two disks (one for the bottom crust, one for the top crust). Cool the discs for 30 minutes.
- Toss thinly sliced apples in a bowl until evenly coated with lemon juice, arrowroot powder, vanilla extract, and spices.
- Take one of the discs (the one for the bottom crust), roll it up and transfer it to a pie dish. Pour the apple filling into the pie dish, making sure the apples are flat. Add a tablespoon of vegan butter over the apples.
- Once the crust and filling are in the pie pan, put it back in the fridge.
- Shape the top crust into a grid. After the crust is made, remove the rest of the cake from the refrigerator and cover with netting.
- Whisk the coconut oil and maple syrup together and brush over the cake. Sprinkle with coconut or raw sugar.
- When you preheat the oven to 220°C, keep the cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once the oven is ready, completely cover the pie crust with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 180°C, remove the foil and bake for another 45 minutes.
- When the crust is golden and the filling is soft, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool for 1-2 hours.
Vegan apple pie