🔎 Basilica of Lady Table

Introduction

Basilica of Our Lady of the Tables

Latitude
Length
43° 36′ 44″ North
03° 52′ 45″ East
/ 43.61222, 3.87917
country France France
Region Languedoc-Roussillon
department Herault
City Montpellier
To pray Catholic novel
friendly Basilica
is added to Diocese of Montpellier
Commencement of construction XVIIIe century
Dominant Style(s) Baroque
Protection Monument (Different countries have chosen to classify their historical monuments under different names.)
Location
Location map of France-Regions and departments.svg

Basilica of Our Lady of the Tables

The Basilica of Our Lady of the Tables The church-basilica located in the center of Montpellier, Street (A street is a circulation space that serves residences and places in the city…) from High school (A quorum may designate a group of like-minded people…), which is closely related to the history of the city of Montpellier. This the church (Could be a church 🙂 It is the mother church of Montpellier and the city is under it patronage (Patronage, protect and… as well as Saint Roch.

The construction of the baroque style building that we can admire today was started in 1707 under the leadership of the prime minister.architect (An architect is a construction professional whose function is to design and direct…) Jeans Giral (The Girals are a Montpellier dynasty of architects and entrepreneurs active since 1660…) and was completed in 1748. This is old chapel (A church is a Christian place of worship that can form a building depending on the situation…) of the Jesuit college (now the Fabre museum), which became the parish church of Notre-Dame des Tables in 1802.

The old Church of Our Lady of the Tables

The primitive church of Notre-Dame des Tables was located on the present-day Place Jean-Jaurès. The church of Sainte-Marie was founded in 1204 and was active in 1090-1794. Sainte-Marie des Tablesafter Our Lady of the Tables. Only a few remains of the old building remain crypt (The crypt is the building block of Christian churches…) and cemeteries. The tomb of the old church has been turned into a museum (Musee du Vieux Montpellier).

In the Middle Ages, around (Autour is the name given by French bird nomenclature (update)…) Step on the Sainte-Marie church Road (The word “way” is derived from the Latin (via) rupta, literally “way…”). In Santiago de Compostela, there were money changers’ desks and merchants’ stalls. This environment (Environment is everything that surrounds us. All natural elements and…) pointed out sanctuary (In religious anthropology, the sanctuary (sanctus, “holy”)…) among others, and the name of “Notre-Dame des Tables” remained with him.

Decorated and modified XIVe and XVe during the centuries of religious wars, the building was rebuilt twice: in 1560-1622, the religious crisis that shook Montpellier involved Notre-Dame in a series of disasters. It was partially destroyed in 1568 and 1581, except for the clock tower, built in 1432, assigned to the Reformation cult in 1561 under the name “Temple de la Loge”. In December 1600. Reconstruction began in 1605-1608. In 1621, it was again destroyed by Protestants. It was rebuilt between 1650 and 1655, and was destroyed forever from 1794.

A large organ

The great organ of the basilica

Built in 1751 by organ builder Dom Bedos de Celles (1752-1759), the organ comes from the old. abbey (Abbey (from Latin abbatia) is a Catholic monastery or monastery…) Saint Thibery. After the complete destruction of the old church during the French Revolution, Notre-Dame des Tables went to the church. research (Scientific research is primarily… organ for ceremonies. The chancellor of the empire, Cambaseres, wanted to endow the new basilica with a prestigious instrument. He ordered the organ to be moved from the abbey of Saint-Thibery to the basilica of Notre-Dame des Tables, installed in 1805.

In 1884, the organ was overhauled by the Puget factory. The winds are reset, too mechanical (In everyday terms, mechanics is the field of machines, engines, vehicles, organs, etc.) and wind tunnel. However, a large part of Dom Bedos’ piping is reused.

The organ has 3 keyboards, a pedalboard and 37 stops. Its hull features twin side turrets ship (The nave is the part of the church from the portal to the crossing of the transept and…), the other is in the wings again. 19 stops of Dom Bedos, Moitessier’s pipework in the instrumental part of the organ and in the case walnut (Walnut (Juglans) – plant genus belonging to the family Juglandaceae,…) carved from XVIIIe classified as historical monuments since 1975.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *